Monday, April 28, 2008

Against megmac

starting lineup
--------Julio Cesar--------
Odd-Mexes-Pepe-Pasqual
---Cambiasso-Perrotta---
------------Narsi-----------
Ronaldo----------Rooney
----------Huntelaar--------

Frankly speaking, I have no idea what his starting lineup would look liked. I only predict that he would use plenty of wing attacks because he only got one real playmaker on his team and plenty of wingers. So I will just play with my own game.

Defense: Five out of my six defensive players came from Serie A. I intended to play a classic Italian “web” defensive system. On paper, it is as good as any Serie A team. All of them, except Pepe, started for one of the top 5 teams in Serie A or Italian NT and should understand the syetem & their roles very well. Ideally, my Serie A defenders will limit space and play a much tighter defense than Sergio Aguero and Cavenaghi have ever encountered before. Perrotta needs to make sure that SWP does not get into his game because Pasqual on the leftback is my weak link. This might be my biggest problem. Oddo and Cambiasso should be able to handle either González or Giggs on the other side.

(* this basic tactics will be used against ASF again)
Offense: Cambiasso and Perrotta are to take control of the midfield. They need to win the ball back and move it up field. They need to free up Nasri, Ronaldo & my two wingbacks. Nasri will be distributing the ball to the wings or directly to forwards. I need his flare on the midfield. If he is taken out of the game, Cambiasso and Perrotta could easily step up and become the playmakers themselves. Ronaldo would be given a free role to roam the entire offensive half of the field.. He can move from right to left as the game progressed. He can either cut inside and shoot, or move down to the baseline and cross. He would would also play combinations with his pal, Rooney. Oddo & Pasqual would surge forward to support the flank attacks. Pasqual is No Beckham, but he is considered to be one of the best crossers of the ball in Serie A. The left wing will be more direct approach. The Pasqual-to-Huntelaar combo will be an extra option on the attack. However, Zanetti will be tough to beat. Ronaldo, Roony or Nasri needs to support Pasqual occassionally on the left wing.

Despite being the 2nd highest scorer in Europe this year, Huntelaar would not be the main scoring threat. His main job is to be the decoy and to open space for Rooney and Ronaldo. He needs to hold the ball. Of course, he can still bang in a goal or two with services from Ronaldo or Pasqual. Frankly speaking, I don't think megamac's defense can hold up against my offense. He needs to play both his DM's or my attackers(Nasri, Ronaldo, Rooney) will run circles around his team. He only carried five defenders on his team. Which is too thin in my opinion. Ayala is not Ayala anymore. Both Arca and Garay(I like him very much)are too offensive minded.

SUB: If I take the lead: Nihat will come in for Huntelaar and become my “Tevez”. My three forwards will constantly switch roles and sides just liked the new Man Utd. Nasri will be “Paul Scholas”. Finally, at the end, Cristiano Zanetti and/or Materazzi will come in for my attackers.
If I am losing or tied, Montolivo will come in for Perrotta. Ronaldo, Huntelaar and Rooney combined for over 70 goals this year. I doubt it will be their fault if I could not score. So it must be the “supplier”. Montolivo will be the deep laying playmaker and Cambiasso plays as the lone DM as he have done for Argentina before. Finally, Nihat will come in for Pasqual if it still does not work.

No comments: